"Excellence through training and testing ...
graduate your game to the next level.”
*** ANNOUNCEMENT ***
Reserve a spot now (a limited number are available) for the annual
Billiard University Summer School Boot Camp
being held July 4-6, 2014 in beautiful Denver, Colorado
BU Mission/Vision: to provide online assessment tools, a rating system, and learning resources to help pool players strive for and achieve excellence, and to officially acknowledge excellence through the awarding of diplomas.
BU Introduction and Overview: The following video explains the entire BU rating and diploma process:
Additional online videos cover the details and provide exam demonstrations.
Why You Should Practice the BU Playing-Ability Exams:
- You will get better at pool in a smarter and faster way and raise your game to the next level.
- The examination process fully and impartially assesses your current rating and level of ability relative to others.
- The exam drills identify your areas of weakness.
- The exam drills can provide structure and purpose to your practice sessions by offering a complete and well-designed pool workout.
- You can use the exam and drill scores to monitor and assess your improvement over time.
- You can set a concrete goal for improvement by working toward a diploma.
- When you earn a diploma, you can frame and display it with pride (e.g., in your office or game room) to show off your enthusiasm and excellence.
- With a diploma, you will receive official recognition of your level of ability on the BU website (with your permission).
- A diploma is a credential you can use as the first step to becoming an instructor.
Instructional Videos: The 3-DVD instructional video series provide instruction on techniques and aiming systems that can help raise your game to the next level. The BU DVDs also provide advice, guidance, and hot tips concerning how to practice and learn strategies to achieve the highest BU score and diploma possible.
BU Instructors: Contact information for BU instructors can be found here: complete list of the BU Instructors. All BU instructors can provide training and administer examinations for diploma applications. Students can also take the exams and submit videos online to apply for a diploma. The original founding professors involved with the development of the BU are shown below: